Tuesday, July 19, 2005
 
Back to Blogger
Between the fact that I'm no longer at UW-Madison, the fact that the UPL is down (and with it my blog), and the fact that I just started working for the company that owns Blogger (you smart ones in the crowd might be able to figure that one out), I'm moving back to Blogger.

I kind of hate to. The UPL site was homebrew and allowed me full control over everything. A couple of PHP scripts handled pulling from and adding to a PostgreSQL server that the UPL ran. It allowed me to add features whenever I wanted to. I especially liked the Amazon item icons.

I can replicate them here, but I'd have to rely on some Javascript include junk to get it on here, which just makes it more of a headache. It'll go on an ever-growing to-do list.

Anyway, now that I'm not hosted by the University, there are no political content restrictions anymore.

So I believe I'll be so brash and rebellious as to say this:

I find that, at times, I find it necessary to respectfully disagree with certain policies of the President of the United States.

phew... nice to get that off my chest.
Comments:
"anyone who says otherwise is itching for a fight." Very nice.

My favorite part: "Employees...are lucky to have a job at all, and should quit tying up the phone lines."

Links will be updated forthwith.

Peace.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?