Tuesday, November 22, 2005
 
Top of the charts, baby
This blog is now the top result on Google for the search "doctor awesome."

Before, it never came up.

That's because I never realized that having the "listing" setting on in your options was tied to having a robots meta tag in your source.

Whoops. Fixed.

Sorry Doctor Awesome, improv comedy group.

...

That reminds me... I don't know if I ever told the story of the name of this blog. During the Summer of 2004, I was living with Pete (and eight other people) in a house on Saint James Court in Madison. Being that we didn't have air conditioning, the lot of us would frequently spend summer evenings with each other and a case of beer out on the front porch, playing cards or chatting.

One night, the conversation turned to good band names. I made up a story about how, some day, I will have a band called "Doctor Awesome and the Awesomenauts" (I'd imagine my subconscious thought process there was based on Béla Fleck and the Flecktones). The name was the hit of the night. It became an infrequently used alternative moniker for me and eventually made its way to becoming the name of my blog (which, incidentally, was named "My Blog" at the time). This is the third home of that blog, which started life as SERFing in what's coming up as two years now, though I blogged sporadically before that.

It's weird, as if you would have told me four years ago I'd be working in a cube near the Blogger team, I'd have thought you were crazy.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?