Sunday, January 29, 2006
 
America's Finest News Source
The Onion is still novel for a lot of people. It's been expanding slowly to different cities.

I read it from before it was cool, back when it was really only published around Madison and didn't have much of a web presence. In high school, people in the band and orchestra would pick up the latest issue when they were in Madison and we had a stash in one of the instrument lockers.

There's a few people from my hometown that work there.

Nowadays, I really only skim the headlines and then make my way to the AV Club to read movie reviews, Savage Love, and the interview if it's somebody good.

But this week, there was this article:

Second-Graders Wow Audience With School Production Of Equus

Brilliant. I do like how they're still willing to make rather obscure references. I love the photo.

I particularly loved when, after his death, they had a little tagline that read:

Jacques Derrida "Dies"

That one's here.
Comments:
you do know you can download Onion podcasts from iTunes, yes?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?