Sunday, January 22, 2006
 
Upset
I live with three Duke alums. They watch a lot of basketball.

Yesterday, I watched Duke lose to Georgetown as part of yesterday's day of upsets. I'm west-coast, so I'm up to three hours behind the rest of the country. Across the bottom of the screen, there was a score ticker.

I wasn't wearing my glasses, so I glanced and saw:

Wisconsin 95, North Dakota State 62

My cousin is an assistant coach at NDSU. He used to be under Bo Ryan at Wisconsin, and played for Ryan at UW-Platteville.

Poor guys, I thought, to get routed such. I mentioned it to my roommate.

"Um, it says 55-62"

Whoa. This is one of the few times that I'm excited to see the Badgers lose.

It was all over the news, and front page of ESPN.com for a while. Huge upset. It should really help the program (they recently moved to Division I and are not yet in a conference). Type in his name into Google News and there are hundreds of articles.

Congrats, Saul.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?