Monday, February 06, 2006
 
Run!
This morning, I had a headache. I took some painkillers. My stomach was still weak and was pissed. I had my garbage can next to my desk at work in case breakfast wanted out.

I ran cross country in high school. I was always amazed at how I could be feeling like crap during the day, be forced to go on a run by Mr. Steve, and feel fantastic afterwards.

Not wanting to ruin my committment to running thrice a week, I sucked it up and went for a run over lunch. By the time I got back, I felt great. So much easier than my last run. I've been feeling great all day.

The run is mapped here.

Having showers at work is a great thing. They also promote bicycle commuting.

Update: I'm actually curious for feedback on the running log thing. A friend told me it was pretty slow, even on a faster machine. Usability problems out there? Does the thing on the left kill your browser when you load? There are workarounds...
Comments:
it's a bit slow on my machine (pbg4), but not too bad now. doesn't kill my browser -- which is nice.

and it has seemed that services using the google maps api are pretty slow in general -- so this isn't that bad.
 
The running log works great when I use Mozilla. However recently becoming a fan of the Opera browser, your running log does not work as well.

In Opera, the page is constanly reloading itself. I did encounter the same problem recently with Google Maps however.

Otherwise it's a pretty cool idea.
 
Thanks. I'll look into it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?