Saturday, March 18, 2006
 
I am thankful for...
...the mess to clean after a party because it means I have been surrounded by friends.

Sorry. Needed a party quote, so I Googled for one, and I thought that one was touching. It comes from I Am Thankful For... by Nancie Carmody. I have no idea who that is.

Two weeks ago, I got an evite from "Sarah" (not a blogger, fake name used). I know two "Sarahs." One is a friend of my through a coworker and the other is my roommate. When I got the evite, I assumed it was from non-roommate Sarah. When I saw non-roommate Sarah, I said "Hey, I got your invitation. I'll probably be there, though my roommate had said something about having a party around St. Patrick's day, so we'll see."

She had no idea what I was talking about. The evite, I figured out, was for a party at my own house.

So we had a party last night. Sarah invited a bunch of her friends and I invited a bunch of mine (and encouraged them to bring whoever they liked). It was a really fun, diverse group. It was fun to watch Justin corner guests and engage them in conversation concerning theology or gender deconstruction. My other roommate (we'll call him Mike) spent his time in the living room, spinning. We'd occasionally get somebody at the door that neither Sarah, Mike, or I would know, who would explain exactly through whom at the party he or she knew us.

Many parties I get invited to are primarily Googler parties. Part of my goal in moving to San Francisco was to extend my social group beyond work contacts. We more than succeeded last night. It was really a lot of fun. There were so many people here over the course of the night. There was a huge pile of shoes in our front hallway.

Anyway, back to cleaning. Justin and I are spending the day hanging out in the city later.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?