Friday, March 10, 2006
 
Oh hell, blog dump...
I've got a bunch of things to say, but I've been doing scrappy little entries. Forget that. It's time for the blog dump (if there was a way to textually represent a large, booming, echoing voice, I would have used it there).

So, to recap:

1. Vacation. Need to take one. Who wants to go with?
2. Goat. I got a goat.

Continuing on:

c. We had a 5k at work. It was supposed to happen during Mardi Gras, but that got rained out. So it got moved to Wednesday. I ran it. Because of the Google Page Creator launch, I've hardly run at all. But I have an incredible ability to hardly train for things and still pull them off (see the 1999 American Birkebeiner, or every Canterbury or Crazylegs run I've ever done). My wafer-cookie-and-Diet-Coke training regimen really paid off, and I came in dead middle (35th out of 70 in the men's category).

iv. A long time ago, I wrote a post about subscription audio services. I never signed up for one until now. I'm trying out Yahoo! Music Unlimited for a while. It's useful at work, where I'm going crazy listening to everything on my iPod over and over again.

6. I've been taking the Google shuttle back and forth from San Francisco. Despite the length, it's tolerable. It's actually good reading time. To get to the shuttle, I'm a MUNI (subway) rider, and I wear a ratty olive green jacket and a black ski cap. It occurred to me the other day when I was unshaven and unshowered that I was probably one of the more intimidating looking people in the car.

7.2. I got a birthday cake at work. They tried to make it a surprise, but I knew it was coming as another coworker had his birthday on Tuesday. A coworker dragged me to a conference room and their "surprise!" was met with my "oh, f***." They sang happy birthday, so, instead of just standing there and taking it, I yelled "I want three-part harmony!" and proceeded to lay my own counterpoint on top. On Tuesday, they had asked the other guy what he wanted to accomplish in the coming year. He listed technologies he'd like to improve and read up on. When asked what I wanted to accomplish in the next year, I responded "World peace, an end to hunger and poverty, and a Bush impeachment." We'll see how that pans out. Gotta set your goals high.

n. I ran again today, but my Garmin was out of batteries. I still have to upload the route from the 5k. I need to get back into the habit.
Comments:
Dude, no matter how unshaven your face or ratty your attire, you will never be more intimidating of any two people on the planet. Except maybe if you stand next to me. And I wear a hat.

That was a sweet blog dump(TM).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?