Sunday, March 12, 2006
 
Tourist in my own town
It's my birthday. The big two four.

I'm sitting in my desk at work. I stopped by to drop my car off in the parking garage. I'll be catching a CalTrain to get up to the city tonight.

This weekend wasn't particularly relaxing—I spent it cleaning out my place in the south bay and preparing for, cleaning for, having, recovering from, and cleaning up after a little birthday party I held on Saturday night. Mr. Party here ended up going to bed at one before everyone left (I'm on a bed-by-midnight schedule right now).

As a result, I'm taking tomorrow off work to have some birthday alone time. I'm going to be a San Francisco tourist for the day. If I really feel up to it, I'll visit Alcatraz. I don't want to be one of those people that lives in a city for years and never ends up doing half of the stuff there. I think this will also make me a better tour guide. My folks, specifically, are coming to visit at the end of the month.

Update: I called a cab to pick me up at the Googleplex at 8 to take me to catch the 8:23 train back, but he didn't show up until 8:15, so I ended up taking a $20 trip to get the station, watch the train go by, and come back. The cabbie was kind enough to offer to pick me up again at 9 to make the next train for free.

Sigh. What a hassle.
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?